Articles and News
Workplace Harassment and Violence
JUNE 15, 2010
As one of the more pivotal changes to the Ontario Health and Safety Act, Bill 168 has been a critical area of concentration with the Advantage Group in 2010. Coming into full effect on June 15, 2010, we have made the corporate commitment to ensure that when it comes to safety, our resolve is truly a leader within our industry. While not a comprehensive listing, we have:
- Our associates all attend pre-start orientation training which includes all health and safety policies including our Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy
- Conducted a comprehensive review of our Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy and provided amendments that meet or exceed Bill 168 legislative burdens. We have posted this on our Health and Safety Boards, and communicated this throughout our staff including training on this policy for our office staff and all potential associates
- Revised our pre-start Risk Analysis for all potential and current clients to amend for these key due diligence requests of client work sites.
- Worked with the WSIB Safety Group initiative as one of the core elements we concentrate upon
- Reviewed and made current our Background Check (Criminal Search) policy
- Communicated these initiatives extensively through newsletters, memos and on our corporate website
- Conducted training for all our office staff on Violence and Harassment to ensure that if there is a critical event, we are ready and able to assist
We have worked diligently to ensure that we can proudly provide you the peace of mind in knowing that the Advantage Group is fully compliant with all applicable health, safety and employment legislation. If you have any questions, please contact our local office to discuss.
BACK TO LISTINGS