Articles and News
Team Mo-Vantage – Promoting Prostate Cancer Awareness
DECEMBER 1, 2010
This marked the inaugural year of Team Mo-Vantage´s participation in the worldwide phenomenon known as Movember. Movember challenges men to change their appearance and the face of men´s health by growing a moustache in order to raise awareness and funds for the number one cancer affecting men prostate cancer.
With very generous donations by friends, family, business associates and the like, Team Mo-Vantage was able surpass initial expectations and raise over $2500 to be contributed to Prostate Cancer Canada. We will be expecting even greater things in upcoming years, and have already begun planning next year's moustache styles, stay tuned...
Team Mo-Vantage would like to extend our greatest thanks to all those that contributed this year to this worthwhile cause.
Prostate Cancer Statistics
- 24,600 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year alone (2010).
- 4,300 men will die of the disease this year.*
- During his lifetime, 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with the disease.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men.
- Rates of prostate cancer in men are comparable to rates of breast cancer in women.
- The incidence of prostate cancer is increasing due to the aging of the population.
- Over 90% of prostate cancer cases are curable if detected and treated in their earliest stages.
- The disease is a far greater threat for those with a family history of prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer is turning up in men in their 40s.
BACK TO LISTINGS